A Webhook is a notification that can be posted from one website to another when certain actions are taken on the originating website. For example, let's say you have an online service for managing orders that accepts Webhook. Using Shift4Shop's specific Webhooks, you can trigger a notification to that online service that will send the applicable information from your Shift4Shop store to the service.
To create a Webhook, follow these steps:
Log into your Shift4Shop Online Store Manager.
Using the left navigation menu, go to Modules.
Use the search bar at the top to search for "Webhook."
This will bring up the Webhook module which will contain a link labeled "Edit Webhooks."
4. Click on the Edit Webhooks link.
5. Look to the top right and click on the Add Webhook button.
6. Enter a name for your Webhook. This can be any name you choose and is only used for reference.
7. Next, enter the URL to your external service's Webhook URL This will be supplied by your external service.
8. Select whether you'd like for the transmitted data to be posted in either JSON or XML format.
9. Next, select the event that will be sent in the payload to the Webhook
Currently, there are 7 events that can be used for Webhooks:
New customer registers on your store
New order is created
Order Status Change
When an order's status is updated
When a product is edited or otherwise updated in the admin
When a product is deleted from the store
When a product is added to the store
Product Stock Changed
When a product's inventory is updated within the admin.
10. Finally, make sure the Webhook is enabled and click Save at the top right to have it ready.
The Webhook will trigger each time the event occurs and send its payload to your external service.