Some merchants may want to include a PDF download as part of their product listing description to give their shoppers more complete information on the product being sold. Some examples include:
Product Specification Sheets
Material Safety Data Sheets
This guide will give a brief description of how this can be done.
Upload your PDF file
The first step in the process will be to upload your PDF file to the site.
Log into your Shift4Shop Online Store Manager.
Look along the top right of the interface and click on your login user name.
Then select the File Manager option.
Once in the File Manager, click on the +Upload Files button along the top right.
A popup window will open up, allowing you to browse for your file.
5. Click on the Browse button to locate the file on your computer for upload, or drag your file(s) to the popup window.
6. When you're ready to begin the upload, click on the Start button.
The File Manager popup will now import your designated file. Your PDF file is now uploaded.
With the File Manager, you can upload multiple files at one time. Click here for our image upload tutorial which discusses more information on using the File Manager.
Additionally, within the same guide, we discuss an alternative which is to use your store's FTP service to transfer the file to your web/assets/images folder.
Adding the File to Your Product Description
The next steps in the process involve adding the link to your Product's description.
While still logged in your Shift4Shop Online Store Manager:
Go to Products > Product List.
Locate the product you would like to edit and click on its thumbnail image, name or ID to open it.
In the product's "Information" tab, scroll down to the extended description area.
If WYSIWYG is turned off, click on the </> button along the top right of the section to enable WYSIWYG.
5. Using WYSIWYG, add text for your link label. For example, "click here" or something similar.
6. Highlight the text you would like to make into a link and click on the WYSIWYG link icon.
WYSIWYG will open up a small popup window where you can browse for your link location.
7. Click on the folder icon, which will take you to the file manager.
8. Select your PDF as shown.
9. WYSIWYG will automatically specify the path to your file.
10. Click Insert when done.
Your product's Description will now be written with a link to the PDF, as shown in the image.
Shoppers browsing your store can download the PDF at their leisure and become more informed about the product.
More information on using WYSIWYG can be found here.